Caravelle Associates, LLC
Caravelle Associates LLC (“Caravelle Associates”, “Company”, “we”, or “us”) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting the privacy of Internet users who visit our website, located at VictoriaWintersAuthor.com (the “Website”, “Site”), whether as a guest or a registered user. We value the trust of those we deal with, and of the public, and recognize that maintaining this trust requires that we be transparent and accountable in how we treat the information you choose to share with us.
When accessing the Website, the Company will learn certain information about you, both automatically and through voluntary actions you may take, during your visit. This policy applies to information we collect on the Website and in email, text, or other electronic messages between you and the Site.
- Information We Collect
We obtain information about you through the means discussed below when we provide the Services. Please note that we need certain types of information so that we can provide the Services to you. If you do not provide us with such information, or ask us to delete it, you may no longer be able to access or use our Services.
We collect a variety of information that you may provide directly to us. For example, we collect information from you through:
The Services you use or processing your orders
- Requests or questions you submit to us via online forms, email, webinars or otherwise
- Your participation in contests or surveys
- Any reviews that you submit about the Services
- Account registration and administration of your account
- Uploads or posts to the Services
- Requests for customer support and technical assistance
- Collection of Personal Information
Personal information is any factual or subjective information about an identifiable individual. It is any information that can be used to distinguish, identify or contact a specific individual. While parts of the Services may not require you to provide any information that can directly identify you by name (such as if you choose to browse the website without logging in), the specific types of information we collect will depend upon the Services you use, how you use them, and the information you choose to provide.
Personal Information, however, does not include:
- Business contact information that is solely used to communicate with you in relation to your employment, business or profession, such as your name, position name or title, work address, work telephone number, or work electronic address.
- Certain publicly available information, such as names, addresses and telephone numbers as published in telephone directories.
- Information in the public domain is not subject to privacy legislation and as such is not included in this policy.
- Where Caravelle Associates customers and clients use their home contact information as business contact information, Caravelle Associates considers that the contact information provided is business contact information, and is not therefore subject to protection as personal information.
The types of Personal Information we collect directly from you includes:
Name, if you choose to provide it.
- Email address
- Mailing address
- Phone numbers
- Billing information and information found on a retail receipt, such as shipping address of a gift card recipient, credit or debit card number, verification number, and expiration date.
- Information about products purchases, total amount purchased or other transactions with us.
- Information about your customer service interactions with us.
- Demographic data may be used to tailor your experience on the Site and the communications you receive from us, to determine aggregate consumer preferences and purchasing patterns, and promotion evaluation, development and implementation.
- User-generated content you post in public forums such as when you comment on or review a program.
- We will always collect your personal information by fair and lawful means..
- We sometimes collect personal information from you through third-party service providers.
- If you request that your purchase be provided to someone other than yourself (such as a gift recipient), we use the information you provide about the other person to fulfill the shipment.
- Any other information you choose to directly provide to us in connection with your use of the Services.
3. Information We Collect Through Automated Means
When you use our Services, we collect certain information as described in this Section. As discussed further below, we and our service providers (which are third-party companies that work on our behalf) may use a variety of technologies, including cookies and similar tools, to assist in collecting this information.
Websites.When you use our website, we collect and analyze information such as your IP address, browser types, browser language, operating system, software and hardware attributes (including device IDs) referring and exit pages and URLs, the number of clicks, pages viewed and the order of those pages, the date and time you used the Services, error logs, and other similar information.
- Mobile Applications and Software.When you use a Caravelle Associates mobile application or software, we automatically receive certain information about the mobile phone, tablet, or computer used to access the application or software, including device identifiers, IP address, operating system, version, Internet service provider, browser type, domain name and other similar information, whether and when you update the app, date and time of use, and how you use the app.
- Location Information.When you use the Services, we and our service providers may automatically collect general location information (e.g., IP address, city/state and or postal code associated with an IP address) from your computer or mobile device.
- Information We Collect from Social Media & Other Content Platforms
If you access the Services through a third-party connection or log-in (e.g., through a social network like Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, or Twitter), you may allow us to have access to and store certain information from your social network profile. This can include your name, gender, profile picture, your “likes” and check-ins, and your list of friends, depending on your settings on such services.
If you do not wish to have this information shared, do not use a social networking connection to access the Services. For a description of how social networking sites handle your information, please refer to their privacy policies and Terms of Service, which may permit you to modify your privacy settings. You may also have the option of posting your Services activities to Social Networking Services when you access content through the Services (for example, you may post to Facebook that you enrolled in a class on the Service); you acknowledge that if you choose to use this feature, your friends, followers and subscribers on any Social Networking Services you have enabled will be able to view such activity.
5. Information We Collect from Others
We may receive additional information such as demographic and statistical information from third parties, such as business partners, marketers, researchers, analysts, and other parties that we may attribute to you based on your assignment to certain statistical groups. We use this information to supplement the information that we collect directly from you in order to derive your possible interests and to provide more relevant experiences for you and improve our products, analytics, and advertising.
6. Children’s Privacy
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use.
If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at Info@VictoriaWintersAuthor.com.
- Cookies and Similar Technologies We Use to Collect Information
Similar to other commercial websites, our website utilizes a standard technology called “cookies” and server logs to collect information about how our site is used. Information gathered through cookies and server logs may include the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our site, and the websites visited just before and just after our own, as well as your IP address.
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site’s computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser’s preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites.
The Company reserves the right to use technological equivalents of cookies, including social media pixels. These pixels allow social media sites to track visitors to outside websites so as to tailor advertising messages users see while visiting that social media website. The Company reserves the right to use these pixels in compliance with the policies of the various social media sites.
Cookies do not damage computer systems or files, and only the website that transferred a particular cookie to you can read, modify or delete such cookie.
- How We Use Your Personal Information
Whenever we collect your personal information, we will identify the purposes for which we will use that information and we will obtain your consent to such use. We, or our service providers, may use your information for various purposes depending on the types of information we have collected from and about you, in order to:
- Sending you information and communications.
- Complete a purchase or provide the Services you have requested, including invoicing and accounting.
- Respond to your product inquiries and other request for information, to provide you with more effective and efficient customer service and optimize your experience on our Site.
- Provide you with updates and information about programs and services in which you have enrolled.
- Contact you by email, postal mail, or phone regarding Caravelle Associates and third-party products, services, surveys, research studies, promotion efforts, special events and other subjects that we think may be of interest to you.
- Customize the advertising and content you see on the Services
- Help us internally to better understand, analyze, and manage your interests and needs, and improve products, programs, and Services, including through research and reports, and test and create new products, features, and services.
- Secure our websites and applications, and resolve app crashes and other issues being reported.
- Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations which apply to us where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others.
- Establish, exercise, or defend our legal rights, safety, or property, including by detecting and preventing fraud, where it is necessary for our legitimate interests or the legitimate interests of others.
- We may also use your personal information as otherwise permitted by law.
- When and How We Obtain Your Consent
An individual’s consent is required regarding the collection and proposed use of personal information when information is collected. We obtain your consent prior to collecting, using or disclosing your personal information for any purpose. Consent can be either express or implied and can be provided directly by the individual or by an authorized representative. The form of consent that we seek will largely depend on the sensitivity of the personal information and the reasonable expectations you might have in the circumstances. In limited circumstances, we may rely on a third-party to obtain your consent to the sharing of your personal information with us.
Express consent can be given orally, electronically or in writing. Implied consent is consent that can reasonably be inferred from an individual’s action or inaction. An individual’s consent is required before confidential information is released to outside parties. From time to time, we may collect, use or disclose your personal information based on your consent and as permitted by law.
10. Where We Store Your Personal Information
We store your personal information in our offices in California. While your personal information is in California, it is subject to United States laws, and may be subject to disclosure to the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies in the United States, pursuant to applicable laws.
Our service providers may, from time to time, also hold your personal information in connection with purposes for which you provided your consent. We may keep a record of your personal information, correspondence or comments in a file specific to you.
- Retention of Your Personal Information
We will use, disclose or retain your personal information only as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes. Personal information shall not be used or disclosed for purposes other than those for which it was collected, except with the consent of the individual or as required by law. We have established minimum and maximum retention periods and secure procedures for maintaining and destroying your personal information. We keep your information for no longer than necessary for the purposes for which it is processed. The length of time for which we retain information depends on the purposes for which we collected and use it and/or as required to comply with applicable laws.
- Caravelle Associates Communications
Through our Site and various offline means, you may sign up or opt-in to receive communications from Caravelle Associates. If you do not opt-in, Caravelle Associates will not send you any communications, including promotional offers. Each communication sent to you by Caravelle Associates contains an “unsubscribe” link or other unsubscribe mechanism, allowing you to opt-out at any time. If you opt-in to receive communications from multiple brands within the Caravelle Associates family of companies, and subsequently wish to opt-out, you may need to opt-out individually from each of the brands you elected to receive communications from.
13. How We Share and Disclose Your Information
As a general rule, we do not sell, rent, lease or otherwise transfer any information collected whether automatically or through your voluntary action.
We may disclose your personal information to our subsidiaries, affiliates, and service providers for the purpose of providing our services to you.
We may disclose your personal information to a third party, including a lawyer or collection agency, when necessary to enforce our terms of service or any other agreement between you and the Company.
We may provide your information to any successor in interest in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of the Company’s asserts and/or business.
We may disclose information when legally compelled to do so, in other words, when we, in good faith, believe that the law requires it or for the protection of our legal rights or when compelled by a court or other governmental entity to do so.
14. Online Analytics and Advertising
We may use third-party web analytics services (such as those of Google Analytics) on our Services to collect and analyze usage information through cookies and similar tools; engage in auditing, research, or reporting; assist with fraud prevention; and provide certain features to you.
If you receive an email from us, we may use certain analytics tools, such as clear GIFs to capture data such as when you open our message or click on any links or banners our email contains. This data allows us to gauge the effectiveness of our communications and marketing campaigns.
- Online Advertising.The Services may integrate third-party advertising technologies that allow for the delivery of relevant content and advertising on the Services, as well as on other websites you visit and other applications you use. The ads may be based on various factors such as the content of the page you are visiting, information you enter such as your age and gender, your searches, demographic data, user-generated content, and other information we collect from you. These ads may be based on your current activity or your activity over time and across other websites and online services and may be tailored to your interests.
Third parties may also place cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device to collect information about you as discussed above. These third parties (e.g., ad networks and ad servers such as Google Analytics, DoubleClick and others) may also serve tailored ads to you as you use the Internet and Internet-connected applications, and access their own cookies or other tracking technologies on your computer, mobile phone, or other device you use to access the Services to assist in this activity.
- Openness, Access and Security
We employ commercially reasonable methods to ensure the security of the information you provide to us and the information we collect automatically. This includes using standard security protocols and working only with reputable third-party vendors. Email is not recognized as a secure medium of communication. For this reason, we request that you do not send private information to us via email. However, doing so is allowed, but at your own risk. Some of the information you may enter on our website may be transmitted securely via a secure medium known as Secure Sockets Layer, or SSL. Credit Card information and other sensitive information is never transmitted via email.
The Company may use software programs to create summary statistics, which are used for such purposes as assessing the number of visitors to the different sections of our site, what information is of most and least interest, determining technical design specifications, and identifying system performance or problem areas.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, the Company uses software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage.
We will make available to you any specific personal information of yours that we have collected, used or disclosed, upon your request, to the extent permitted by law. We will make such information available to you in a form that is generally understandable, including explaining any abbreviations or codes.
16. How We Protect Your Personal Information
Caravelle Associates has implemented physical, organizational, contractual and technological security measures to protect your personal information from loss or theft, unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- The only personnel who are granted access to your personal information are those with a business “need-to-know” or whose duties reasonably require access to such information.
- No Internet or email transmission is ever fully secure or error free. Please keep this in mind when disclosing any information to Caravelle Associates via the Internet.
- The security of all personal information collected through our Site is of utmost importance to us. We have taken reasonable technical, contractual, administrative and physical security steps to protect the personal information collected from you through the Site, consistent with standard industry practice and the sensitivity of the personal information collected.
- For example, if and when you provide credit card information, we use secure socket layer (SSL) encryption to protect it. These security measures are periodically reviewed.
- There are some things that users of our Site can do to help protect the security of their personal information as well. For instance, no user should ever give out their username and password.
- Every user should sign out of their Internet account and close their browser window each time they finish using the Internet so that other people using the same computer will not have access to their information.
- Third-Party Links and Features
Our Site may contain links to other websites that are not operated by Caravelle Associates. The Services contain links to third-party websites such as social media Site, and also contain third-party plug-ins (such as the Facebook “like” button and Twitter “follow” button). If you choose to use these Site or features, you may disclose your information not just to those third-parties, but also to their users and the public more generally depending on how their services function.
- We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of those websites or services, including website operated by affiliated entities.
- We provide such links only as a convenience and the inclusion of a link on any of our Sites does not imply endorsement of the linked to website by Caravelle Associates.
- If you need further assistance, please contact the Caravelle Associates by writing to us at Caravelle Associates, LLC, 1278 Glenneyre #158, Laguna Beach, CA 92651 or by contacting us via the Contact Us page at VictoriaWintersAuthor.com
- Governing Law
20. Contact Information
You may write to us as follows:
Caravelle Associates, LLC
1278 Glenneyre #158
Laguna Beach, CA 92651
This policy was last updated in December 2021.